Conditions of use
- Acceptance of these conditions
- Other documents mentioned
- Your privacy
- Your Ethical Time account
- Your content
- Your use of our Services
- Guarantees and limitation of liability
- Controversies with other users
- Applicable legislation
- Modification of the general conditions
This document and the other documents to which we refer below constitute our conditions of use (the "Conditions").
The Conditions are a legally binding contract between you and Ethical Time SL We will refer to it simply as "Ethical Time".
This contract sets forth your rights and responsibilities when you use Ethicaltime.com, our mobile applications and the other services offered by Ethical Time (we will refer to all these elements as our “Services”), so we ask you to read it carefully. By using any of our services (including browsing one of our websites), you are accepting these Conditions. If you do not agree with the Conditions, you will not be able to use our Services.
Ethical Time Services connect people across Europe, both online and locally, to make, sell and buy products. Here's a practical guide to help you understand the specific rules that are relevant to you, based on how you use the Services:
All of these policies are a part of our Terms, so be sure to read the ones that are relevant to you. Of course, you will be interested in reading the rest of this document, as it applies to everyone.
Both Ethical Time and Ethical Time brands process members' personal information (for example, buyer's name, email address and shipping address) and, therefore, are considered responsible for the processing of personal data of Buyers subject to EU law. That means that each party is responsible for the personal information that it processes when providing the Services.
If, however, you and Ethical Time are held responsible for the processing of personal data, and if Ethical Time is sued, fined or in any other way incurred expenses due to your action as responsible for the processing of personal data buyer's personal, you agree to indemnify Ethical Time for the expenses incurred in connection with your treatment of the buyer's personal data.
You will have to create an account with Ethical Time to use some of our Services. Here are some rules about accounts with Ethical Time:
- You must be over 18 years of age to use our Services. Minors between 13 and 18 years old can only use our Services through an account owned by a parent or legal guardian, with the corresponding permission and under their direct supervision. We do not allow the use of our Services to children under the age of 13. You are solely responsible for all the activity that a minor generates in your account.
- Be honest with us. Provide reliable information about yourself. It is not acceptable to use false information or impersonate another person or company through your account.
- You are responsible for your account. You are solely responsible for all activity on your account. If you are going to share an account with other people, then the person whose billing information is in the account will be ultimately responsible for all activity. If you are registering as a business entity, you personally guarantee that you have the authority to accept the Terms on behalf of the company. Also, your accounts are not transferable.
- Protect your password. As mentioned above, you are solely responsible for all activity on your account, so it is important that you protect your account password.
The content that you post through the use of our Services is your content (which is why we will call it “Your content”). This includes everything you post through our Services (such as username, brand name, profile photos, product photos, product descriptions, reviews, comments, videos, etc.).
Responsibility for your Content.
You understand that you are solely responsible for your Content. You declare that you have all the necessary rights for your Content and that you are not infringing or violating the rights of third parties by publishing it.
- Permission to use your Content. By publishing your Content through our Services, you grant Ethical Time license to use it and prepare derivative works of Your content. We do not claim to have any ownership rights to your Content, but we do have your permission to use it to help Ethical Time function and grow. In this way, we will not infringe any rights you have in your Content and we can help you promote your products. This allows us to provide the Services and promote Ethical Time, your brand on Ethical Time or the Services in general, in any format and through any channel, including all Ethical Time Services, third party websites or advertising media.
- Consider these examples: If you upload a photo of an ad to your Ethical Time brand, we have permission to display it to buyers, and we can resize it so that the buyer using the mobile app can see it well; if you publish a description in English, we can translate it into Spanish so that a buyer can know the history related to your product; And if you publish a photo of a handmade backpack, we can present it on our home page, on one of our blogs or even on a poster to help promote your business and that of Ethical Time.
- Notification of unauthorized content. Ethical Time highly respects intellectual property rights, and agrees to follow appropriate legal procedures to remove infringing content from the Services. If your Content is suspected of infringing on another person's intellectual property, we will take appropriate action. We will send you a notification if that happens.
- Inappropriate, false or misleading content. There are certain types of content that we do not want to be published on the Ethical Time Services (for legal or other reasons). You agree not to post any content that is abusive, threatening, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, or offensive, or that violates any part of our terms. You also agree not to post any content that is false and misleading, or that you use the Services in a way that is fraudulent or misleading.
License to use our Services. We grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable and revocable license to use our Services, subject to the Conditions and the following restrictions in particular:
- Do not use our Services to break the law. You agree that you will not violate any law regarding your use of the Services. This includes any local, state, federal, and international laws that may apply to you.
- Pay your bills. You are responsible for paying all fees you owe to Ethical Time. You are also solely responsible for collecting or paying any taxes applicable to purchases or sales that you make through our Services.
- Don't steal our stuff. You agree not to track, extract or use a spider program on any page of the Services and will not reverse engineer or attempt to obtain the source code of the Services.
- Don't try to harm our systems. You agree not to interfere with or attempt to disrupt our Services, for example, by distributing a virus or any harmful computer code.
- Follow our trademark policy. The name "Ethical Time" and the rest of the Ethical Time brands, phrases, logos and designs that we use in our Services are trademarks, service marks or commercial images of Ethical Time.
- Share your ideas. We love your suggestions and ideas! They can help us improve your experience and our Services. All shared ideas will be considered non-confidential.
Termination on your part. You can cancel your Ethical Time account at any time from your account settings. Terminating your account will not affect the availability of the portion of your Content that you submitted through the Services prior to termination. And you must pay the bills you have pending.
Termination by Ethical Time. We may terminate or suspend your account (and any related accounts) and your access to the Services at any time, and without prior notice, provided there is good cause. If so, it is important to understand that you do not have a contractual or legal right to continue using our Services, for example to sell or buy on our websites or our mobile applications. Ethical Time may deny the service to any person, at any time, for justified reasons.
If you or Ethical Time terminate your account, you may lose all the information associated with it, including your Content.
We may discontinue the Services. Ethical Time reserves the right to modify, suspend or interrupt any of its Services at any time. We will not be liable to you for the effect that any change in the Services may have on you, including your income or your ability to generate income through the Services.
Duration of validity. The Conditions will remain in effect even after you revoke your access to the Service, or after you stop using the Service.
Products you buy. You understand that Ethical Time does not manufacture, store, or inspect any of the products sold through our Services. We provide the place; The products in our market are produced, published and sold directly by independent brands, so Ethical Time does not issue any guarantee on their quality and safety. Any legal action related to a product you buy must be brought directly against the brand of the product. You release Ethical Time from any claim related to products sold through our Services, including defective products, misrepresentations of brands or products that have caused physical damage.
Content you access. You may come across content that you find offensive or inappropriate while using our Services. Ethical Time is not responsible for the content published by users through the Services. Ethical Time is not responsible for the accuracy, compliance with copyright, legality or decency of the content published by the users you access through the Services. We are exempt from all responsibility related to this content, which corresponds exclusively to brands and users.
People you interact with. You can use the Services to interact with other people, either online or in person. However, you understand that we do not evaluate the users of our Services, and you release us from all responsibility related to your interactions with other users.
Guarantee. Ethical Time is committed to making our Services the highest possible quality, but we are not perfect, and sometimes things can go wrong. You understand that our Services are provided "as is" and without any type of guarantee (express or implied). We expressly disclaim any warranty of ownership, non-infringement, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, as well as any implied warranty of performance, transaction or commercial use.
If you find yourself in a dispute with another user of the Ethical Time Services, we encourage you to contact the other party and try to resolve it amicably.
Ethical Time exemption. You release Ethical Time from any claims, demands and damages that arise from controversies with other users or parties.
If you are upset with us, please let us know, and we look forward to solving your problem. But if we cannot, then these rules will govern any legal controversy related to our Services:
- Applicable legislation. The Conditions are governed by Spanish legislation, which is applicable in what is not provided in these Conditions regarding interpretation, validity and execution.
- Jurisdiction. Our headquarters is in Barcelona, Spain, so any legal action against Ethical Time related to our Services must be filed and take place in Barcelona. You and Ethical Time agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of the city of Barcelona, waiving any other jurisdiction that may correspond to them.
Taking into account the possible evolutions of the Services, Ethical Time reserves the right to adapt or modify these general conditions at any time. The new Conditions will be accessible through the web and will only be applied in sales after the modification.
We may update these Conditions from time to time. If we believe that the changes are important, we will inform you by publishing them through the Services or by sending you an email or message about the changes. That way, you can decide if you want to continue using the Services. Changes will take effect upon publication, unless otherwise noted. You are responsible for reviewing and familiarizing yourself with the changes. Your use of the Services after the changes are implemented constitutes your acceptance of the updated Terms.
Last update 01 April 2019